Our Partners :
Our Supporting Partners :
For Immediate Press Release.
Malaysia Welcomes You – World’s Most Peaceful Multicultural Nation
Vlogs,Photos, DouYin and Tik Tok Competition 2020/21
Miss /Mr Local Tour Ambassador 2020/21
Mural Competition 2020/21
We are the only country in the world where we have a unique composition of three major races living together peacefully (the Malays, Chinese and Indians) with other ethnic groups like the Ibans, Kadazans and others that make us the most peaceful and united multicultural nation in the world.
The above competitions are created to give golden opportunities to all Malaysians (other nationalities participation are also welcomed) to show appreciation and gratitude by sharing this small nation’s history, natural beauties, multi-cultures, heritages and all attractions in your own creative ways.
The genres /categories can be from the following individually or combinations for the competitions preferably have any one or more of the
4 pillars of MWY which is Peace, Happiness, Progressive and Earth Loving (PHPE) vision build in wherever possible :
- A or multiple tourism destinations.
- Unique stories of your hometown or city.
- Showcase the undiscovered “gems”.
- Local secrets.
- Outstanding Personalities.
- Outstanding initiatives. and other any other ideas / uniqueness that Malaysians love to share !
The competition are open to all where there will be either winners at state levels/finalists before the winners of the states/finalists will be competing at the national level or at Final.
Each selected finalists and qualifiers’ entries’ works will be used to showcase each state‘s or finalists’ uniqueness where every states/finalists will be showcased at Malaysia Welcomes You portal.
The Malaysia Welcomes You website will consist of the following states’ websites as below:
Puan Hajah Emmy Suraya , President of MyBHA says : ” MyBHA’s vision is to promote Malaysia aggressive and we wish to showcase to the world that is Malaysia is beautiful, peaceful and friendly country to visit. We had launched our Visit Malaysia awareness campaign in our oversea Trade Mission to China at Guangzhou recently together with Malaysia Welcomes You . One of the key factors in promoting is to capture all the beauties of Malaysia and Malaysians in videos and photos creatively, in “a fun way “ or in a unique way so that we can truly showcase our Truly Asia Malaysia successfully”.
“ Small is beautiful , Malaysia a tiny nation with 13 states and 3 federal territories, we love to see talented Malaysians to showcase Malaysia and beyond especially as many as possible undiscovered “gems” from over hundreds of beaches, islands, cities, towns ,villages our many multi cultures/heritages/cuisines and unique histories to all. After hundred of years or over 63 years of independence, there are many stories to be shared from golden years, various type challenges, future aspirations, successes and failures where can be shared for local and guests from overseas where it had evolved till today where Malaysians are able to live together happily and peacefully ” She added.
“Today, Malaysia had grown more maturely and will continue to grow. Her people are living through respecting each other so that we can grow sustainably by resolving all challenges with focusing on education, tolerance, maturity, understanding, eliminating egos and making best possible decisions/solutions without any major problems despite of so many differences and challenging difficult conditions.” quoted Kenneth Oh, Chairman of MyBHA National Bureau and KL Chapter and Head of Malaysia Welcomes You Secretariat.
This competition is also geared forward as part of a tourism marketing campaign in promoting wherever possible all the undiscovered “gems” across Malaysia.
” We hope to run the competition annually as a dedicated continuous effort to showcase Malaysia in the form of videos and photos with stories or experiences across Malaysia that will be used for sharing with both international and local visitors so that all can have unique experiences beside having an enjoyable stay when traveling across Malaysia.” He added.
“It is a timely programme for all Malaysians to showcase a growing Malaysia proudly as a respectable successful nation by setting ourselves forward and working hard holistically together to achieve a peace, happy, progressive and earth loving (PHPE) multi-racial Malaysian community.”
“We sincerely hope every Malaysians to strive to cultivate and practice a SURI (Strong, United, Responsible and Inclusive) current and future Malaysian driven community practices through sharing the PHPE (Peace, Happy, Progressive and Earth Loving ) sustainable global community culture together free from all negative attitudes or cultures.” Colin Ng , Chief Strategy Office of Olabees sdn bhd said.
Colin hopes that all Malaysians can assist in sharing awareness of this competition through all medium of medias via each other social media friends and wish expressed his appreciation for the support given to ensure the goals of the above competitions are achieved.
“Together as united Malaysians, let’s make Malaysia as the Most Welcoming Country in Asia by setting a target of 50 million tourists by end of 2030 through working, sharing and caring closely together. ”
“We wish to thank all Federal Ministries especially Ministry of Tourism, States tourism authorities, private sectors, government bodies, political parties, NGOs and all Malaysians for their support , guidance and encouragement in making this competition a successful one.” he said.
End of Press Release.
Malaysia Welcomes You – Happy, Friendly and Welcoming Always!
About Malaysia Welcomes You.com (MWY) .
It is A First Malaysians’ Dedicated Tourism and Booking Portal and App by local IT and Tourism Solution Provider, Olabees sdn bhd is supported by Malaysia Budget Hotel Association (MyBHA) , Tourism Malaysia and other tourism stakeholders for the benefits of all MyBHA members, other hoteliers and tourism industry players. It enables direct bookings with all hoteliers /tourism providers with a booking engine that will be marketed jointly by all stakeholders to provide best deals through savings from smart joint marketing by reducing cost of marketing and doing business via this smart collaboration. Malaysians are encouraged to contribute tourism contents so that it will help to create a healthy and sustainable tourism economy for all by welcoming and enticing more tourists to Malaysia.
Olabees Sdn Bhd is registered under the Malaysia Companies Act Law 1965.
About MyBHA .
MyBHA is registered by ROS and is an NGO that represent over 2300 of her budget hotel members across Malaysia to ensure a healthy and progressive budget hotel industry by addressing all the challenges of the industry and taking care the welfares of her members in dealing with issues both with business environment and with the Government Agencies. More info, check out www.mybha.org
Malaysia Welcomes You Promotional Trip to Guangzhou, China with MyBHA 6-9 August 2019
Malaysia Welcomes You Promotional Trip with MyBHA at China Hospitality Expo ,
Guangzhou 6-9 August 2019
President Emmy Suraya Hussein ‘s Media Statement. Click here.
Malaysia Welcomes You – World’s Most Peaceful Multicultural Nation.
Vlogs,Photos, DouYin and Tik Tok Competition 2020/21
Miss /Mr Local Ambassador 2020/21
Mural Competition 2020/21
We want the most unique and attractive participants
( for photos, tik tok, dou yin and videos – from as 15 second till maximum 360 seconds length in any language with a descriptive caption in at least in Bahasa Malaysia or English and added points if with multi languages such a Malay, Chinese and Tamil together of any local locations in Malaysia.)
( for mr and miss local tourism ambassador – winners are selected from any town /district /city where participants are strong in local knowledge of uniqueness and beauties that must be able to presented n participant social media account or in his or her activities in promoting passionately your belief that Malaysia is one of the most fortunate country in the world and how you may contribute in sharing together of any local locations in Malaysia.)
( for mural competition – participants are to submit their existing or new murals that showcase the uniqueness of your village, town and city that one will remember with its uniqueness , creativities and preferably able to send powerful messages of the four pillars (PHPE) will have added points )
One the criteria that needed for all participants is to add their state welcomes you and Malaysia Welcomes You logos, shout-out or wordings any in creative form together with the motto of Happy , Friendly and Welcoming Always.
Tell us about unique interesting stories, destinations or subjects you wish to showcase. Capture them as beautiful and creative possible .
Share a story from a place or from your community. Great dishes, cafes, restaurants, retail outlets, hotels, resorts, outstanding Malaysian personalities, wellness, events, moments, festivals, activities, attractions, cultures, art pieces or something creative or innovative. Why is it special for you? Write an enticing caption; what so special about it and why are you sharing it?
Specify as much information as possible such a specific location, name of places, name of persons, time, history, background or any relevant in your submission.
It must not contain any elements of racial issues, political issues, unhealthy elements or any other undesirable elements projecting negativities such hatred, jealousy, violence, cruelties, racism, killings, terrorism or any form negative/damaging/” poisonous ” elements.
Contest period : April – August 2020 ( varies according to states)
Open for submissions with immediate effective.
Latest time deadline to submit before 31 August 2020.
( Finalists to be selected by September 20 for Final Selection of Winners )
Every entry is judged by the MWY Panel of Judges teams.
All decisions made are final and non-disputable.
Winners will be announced in our Malaysia Welcomes You official website.
Upon submission of your participation, all participants are deemed as consented and had accepted in full of all terms and conditions set by the organizer regardless either informed or not informed. All terms, conditions, decisions, programmes and policies of the competition are subject to change or terminated with or without notice by the organizer.
General Terms and Conditions of Participation of Competition:
- This is open to all Malaysians and International* participants who are 16 years and above age at the time of entry. (* International participants – non-Malaysian who reside in Malaysia as allowed within our laws such as students etc)
- Participants can enter the contest as individual or as a group of not more than 5 persons depending on the competition type.
- Organiser will not limit the total number of participants/entries to this contest.
- By entering the competition, participants agree to abide and accept all terms, rules and conditions and the decisions of the Organiser and judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Registration and Participation is free.
- All participant or participating teams adhere the contest mechanics, submission deadlines, judging criterias and other requirements of the contest.
- Full Name /Team name: If Team, to submit all team members’ full names and IC.
- Title with descriptions or short synopsis (50-200 words) to be submitted.
- Each entry is limited to original works that have not been formerly displayed or exhibited wherever applicable.
- Winners or Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway are not eligible unless approved by panel of judges after consideration of the materials/works be done.
- Works that are entered in other competitions after submitting to this contest will not be eligible wherever applicable.
- Submission , in its entirety, be a person or a single work of original material taken by the participant /participating team.
- By entering the competition, participants represent, acknowledge, and warrant that the original works/profile/materials created solely by the participant/ team, that it does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other part has any right, title, claim, or interest. All submission must not contain material, which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g. relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing.
- All submission must not include mention and/performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc, or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- By entering the competition, each participant/participating team represents and warrants that the entry does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any laws or ordinances
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates all the legal rights of the submission requirements, does not otherwise comply with these laws/rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the competition.
- The participant/participating teams agree that the Organiser shall owned the entries (and all ideas, forms, designs, patents, copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property embodied therein), and that the Organiser shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional either solely or jointly with the organizer’s consent.
- Participation in this competition constitutes each winner’s consent to the Organiser’s use of winner’s names, videos, photographs, likenesses and geographical data for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without further notice, right of review, approval or compensation except where prohibited by law.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or modify the competition if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the integrity of the competition, as determined by the Organiser in their sole discretion.
- In each event, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the competition, or in an un-sportsmanship-like or disruptive manner; end or suspend the competition; amend Official Rules; declare void the notification of winner(s) and reselect the winner(s), without prior notice.
- Participants agree and accepted that he/she or any representative to release, hold and to indemnify the Organiser and its respective officers, directors, employees, crew and all her agents harmless from all or any form of liabilities, claims, legal actions, losses or injury to person or property resulting from or incurred in connection with their acceptance, forfeiture or use of any prize in connection to their participation in the competition.
- Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion, use, misuse or redemption of any prize.
- The Organiser is not responsible for and participants hereby releases them from any claims arising from:
(1) entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified;
(2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any mobile phones, computer, network, hardware or software;
(3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service;
(4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the competition;
(5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition or the processing of the entries; or
(6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to participant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from all participants in the Contest or from downloading any material from the Organiser’s website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Organiser, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Organiser’s websites by hyperlink.
The logo can be downloaded on https://malaysiawelcomesyou.com/logo/mwy.png
for your usage in your submission which shall carry points to your entry.
There wlll be state finalists/finalists be selected from each states/finalist penal of judges or/and together with MWY committee of panel of judges.
The top finalists with the highest combined score will be shortlisted to the finals where the Panel of Judges for national level will choose the winners accordingly.
Judging will be done by our panel of judges (60%) and on the number of likes (40%). All viewers must like our Malaysia welcomes you Facebook before indicate their choice likes of participants’ submission in Malaysia welcomes you Facebook.
Entries shall be listed at our website or Facebook.
The top 20 entries with the highest combined scores will be shortlisted to the finals.
Finals will be held on October 15, 2020 (Tentatively)
Prior to that, all finalists are required to attend a finalist’s workshop to be advised later.
A final briefing about the requirements for the final presentation set by the Organiser. At the final presentation, finalist participants/teams are required to highlight the whole journey of their travel vlog /photo production to the panel of judges.
The panel of judges will rate each eligible entry based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (1) Originality (2) Uniqueness (3) Content & Presentation; (4) Videography or Photography & Editing for videos or photos; and (5) Direction & Creativity.
The panel of judges will evaluate each presentation based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (1) Originalities (2) Storyline Planning; (3) Quality of presentation ; (4) Creativities and (5) Overall Impact.
Champion Trophy + Certificate
2 flight tickets to ASEAN destination.
3 tickets to domestic destination.
12 room nights voucher
1st Runner-up Trophy + Certificate
4 tickets to domestic destination
6 room nights voucher
2nd Runner-up Trophy + Certificate
2 tickets to domestic destination
6 rooms nights voucher.
All finalists are required to attend the awards presentation ceremony.
Prizes are non-transferable, and not exchangeable nor refundable for cash in part or whole.
The Organiser reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize cannot be provided due to any whatever reasons. All the terms and conditions, dates and information of the competitions may subject to changes with or without notice and Olabees are not liable for any costs or damages.