Malaysia Welcomes You – World’s Most Peaceful Multicultural Nation
Vlogs, DouYin and Tik Tok Competition 2021
We are the only country in the world where we have a unique composition of three major races living together peacefully (the Malays, Chinese and Indians) with other ethnic groups like the Ibans, Kadazans and others that make us the most peaceful and united multicultural nation in the world. The above competition is created to give golden opportunities to all Malaysians to show appreciation and gratitude by sharing this small Malaysia’s history, natural beauties, multi-cultures, heritages and all attractions in your own creative ways.
The genres /categories can be from the following individually or combinations for the competition preferably have any one or more of the 4 pillars of MWY which is Peace, Happiness, Progressive and Earth Loving (PHPE) vision built in wherever possible. The videos may consists of the following :
- A or multiple tourism destinations.
- Unique stories of your hometown or city.
- Showcase the undiscovered “gems”.
- Local secrets.
- Outstanding Personalities.
- Outstanding initiatives. and other any other ideas / uniqueness that Malaysians love to share !
The competition is open to all where there will be either winners at state levels/finalists before the winners of the states/finalists will be competing at the national level or at Final. Each selected finalists and qualifiers’ entries’ works will be used to showcase each state‘s or finalists’ uniqueness where every states/finalists will be showcased at Malaysia Welcomes You portal.
The Malaysia Welcomes You website will consist of the following states’ websites as below:
We want the most unique and attractive participants!
*Contest period : till 31 December 2021 ( varies according to states)*
The duration for videos is from 15 second till maximum 360 seconds length in any language with a descriptive caption in at least in Bahasa Malaysia or English and added points if with multi languages such a Malay, Chinese and Tamil together of any local locations in Malaysia.
One the criteria that needed for all participants is to add their state welcomes you and Malaysia Welcomes You logos, shout-out or wordings in creative form together with the motto of Happy , Friendly and Welcoming Always. The logo can be downloaded on https://malaysiawelcomesyou.com/logo/mwy.png . The usage of Malaysia Welcomes You’s logo in your submission which shall carry points to your entry.
Tell us about unique interesting stories, destinations or subjects you wish to showcase. Capture them as beautifully and creatively as possible . Share a story from a place or from your community. Great dishes, cafes, restaurants, retail outlets, hotels, resorts, outstanding Malaysian personalities, wellness, events, moments, festivals, activities, attractions, cultures, art pieces or something creative or innovative. Why is it special for you? Write an enticing caption; what so special about it and why are you sharing it?
Specify as much information as possible such as a specific location, name of places, name of persons, time, history, background or any relevant information in your submission.
Register & Submit the video here :
- The video must not contain any elements of racial issues, political issues, unhealthy elements or any other undesirable elements projecting negativities such hatred, jealousy, violence, cruelties, racism, killings, terrorism or any form negative/damaging/” poisonous ” elements.
- Every entry is judged by the MWY Panel of Judges teams.
- All decisions made are final and non-disputable.
- Winners will be announced in our Malaysia Welcomes You official website.
- Upon submission of your participation, all participants are deemed as consented and had accepted in full of all terms and conditions set by the organizer regardless either informed or not informed. All terms, conditions, decisions, programmes and policies of the competition are subject to change or terminated with or without notice by the organizer.
- Prizes are non-transferable, and not exchangeable nor refundable for cash in part or whole.
- The Organiser reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize cannot be provided due to any whatever reasons. All the terms and conditions, dates and information of the competition may subject to changes with or without notice and Olabees are not liable for any costs or damages.
The Organiser is not responsible for and participants hereby releases them from any claims arising from:
- entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified;
- technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any mobile phones, computer, network, hardware or software;
- the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service;
- unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the competition;
- electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition or the processing of the entries; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to participant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from all participants in the Contest or from downloading any material from the Organiser’s website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Organiser, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Organiser’s websites by hyperlink.
General Terms and Conditions of Participation of Competition:
- This is open to all Malaysians and International* participants who are 16 years and above age at the time of entry. (* International participants – non-Malaysian who reside in Malaysia as allowed within our laws such as students etc)
- Participants can enter the contest as individual or as a group of not more than 5 persons depending on the competition type.
- Organiser will not limit the total number of participants/entries to this contest.
- By entering the competition, participants agree to abide and accept all terms, rules and conditions and the decisions of the Organiser and judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Registration and Participation is free.
- All participant or participating teams adhere the contest mechanics, submission deadlines, judging criterias and other requirements of the contest.
- Full Name /Team name: If Team, to submit all team members’ full names and IC.
- Title with descriptions or short synopsis (50-200 words) to be submitted.
- Each entry is limited to original works that have not been formerly displayed or exhibited wherever applicable.
- Winners or Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway are not eligible unless approved by panel of judges after consideration of the materials/works be done.
- Works that are entered in other competitions after submitting to this contest will not be eligible wherever applicable.
- Submission , in its entirety, be a person or a single work of original material taken by the participant /participating team.
- By entering the competition, participants represent, acknowledge, and warrant that the original works/profile/materials created solely by the participant/ team, that it does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other part has any right, title, claim, or interest. All submission must not contain material, which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g. relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing.
- All submission must not include mention and/performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc, or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- By entering the competition, each participant/participating team represents and warrants that the entry does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any laws or ordinances
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates all the legal rights of the submission requirements, does not otherwise comply with these laws/rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the competition.
- The participant/participating teams agree that the Organiser shall owned the entries (and all ideas, forms, designs, patents, copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property embodied therein), and that the Organiser shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional either solely or jointly with the organizer’s consent.
- Participation in this competition constitutes each winner’s consent to the Organiser’s use of winner’s names, videos, photographs, likenesses and geographical data for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without further notice, right of review, approval or compensation except where prohibited by law.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or modify the competition if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the integrity of the competition, as determined by the Organiser in their sole discretion.
- In each event, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the competition, or in an un-sportsmanship-like or disruptive manner; end or suspend the competition; amend Official Rules; declare void the notification of winner(s) and reselect the winner(s), without prior notice.
- Participants agree and accepted that he/she or any representative to release, hold and to indemnify the Organiser and its respective officers, directors, employees, crew and all her agents harmless from all or any form of liabilities, claims, legal actions, losses or injury to person or property resulting from or incurred in connection with their acceptance, forfeiture or use of any prize in connection to their participation in the competition.
- Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion, use, misuse or redemption of any prize.